I hope everyone enjoyed the beautiful weather this weekend. It was an amazing demonstration of pink skys, bright sun, and the full, lush greenery of spring. And – I saw the clothes come off this weekend – finally!
People are getting ready for summertime and getting sexy. Bikini tops and short shorts are out and the living is easy. Makes me think how opportune it is to nourish yourself well and mindfully. Somewhere between all the barbecues and the parties, the official beginning of summer has arrived. Are you ready? Remember – every day is another chance to feel great.
How? Here’s 5 easy ways to start feeling great:
1. Try a green juice today – get your 5-a-day-greens and then some to boost your energy levels and nourish your body
2. Spend 5 minutes a day breathing deeply. Close your eyes, move away from the computer/the phone/whatever and do a meditative breath to reconnect you with your majestic self. Inhale deeply for a count of 4, hold for 7, exhale for 8. Repeat this series just 4 times for incredible benefits. Maybe even right now…
3. Enjoy some gorgeous fruit – it is a sweet, vitamin-filled way to replenish your body’s moisture.
4. Drink a tall glass of water with lemon juice first thing in the morning. It supports the body in detoxification and gives you a boost of vitamin C.
5. Eat organic produce – it is more important that eating just about anything else organic. You’ll reduce your toxic load and feel L i g h t er.
For more great tips on eating well, come to my free class this weekend at the Park Slope Food Coop.
With love, respect and other nutrients,